You may use following commands to backup and restore the MySQL database. You would need to run all these commands from your web server.
MySQL Connect :
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h dbhostname -u dbusername -p dbname
MySQL Backup :
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump -h dbhostname -u dbusername -p dbname > dumpfilename
MySQL Restore (Import):
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -h dbhostname -u dbusername -p dbname < dumpfilename
1.Click on My Computer icon on desktop or access it through the Start menu.
2. Choose My Network Places
3. Choose the Add a network place
4. Click Next
5. Choose another network location then Next
6. Enter ftp://ftp.yourwebsitename.com as the network address, click next
7. Unclick log on anonymously(if it is clicked). Enter user name(if you don't have it already, please contact us). Click next
8. The next window should ask for a name for the network place. You can just leave the default that comes up and click next.
9. Click Finish.
10. The log on box should pop up and prompt for the password. Enter your password(if you don't have it already, please contact us) and click log on.
11. A browser window for your subdirectory will open. Now open My computer icon again and locate the file that you would like to upload.
12. Once you locate the file, you can drag and drop the file from the My Computer window to the subdirectory window(or you can copy and paste the file)
13. When finished, just close the subdirectory window and the other my computer window